The materials below are currently supported for the Me2 and we provide optimised presets within MatterControl.
Materials which have not been fully tested or integrated are
- PC Plus
- PC Max
Materials we do not recommend
- Metal filled materials such as CopperFill etc. - These materials are likely to jam or prematurely wear out the nozzle on the machine.
- Wood/Carbon Fibre filled materials - These materials will clog up the 0.4mm nozzle, but would be fine on larger nozzles (around 0.6mm).
- NinjaFlax - It's just too flexible to use reliably.
- PETG/ PETT - During the normal printing temperatures this family of materials produces toxic fumes.
- ABS - The first few layers will print warped and is therefore more suited to 3D printers with heated print beds.
Storing your filament properly will ensure that it maintains its quality throughout the entire roll of filament. Here are some things to remember when storing your filament:
- It is recommended that you store your filament in the resealable bag that it came in to minimise moisture absorption. Moisture absorption will degrade the quality of the filament and cause issues during printing.
- Keep it out of direct sunlight. This will help to preserve the colour of the filament and keep it from becoming brittle over time.
- Make sure your filament does not come into contact with any solutions that may degrade its quality (e.g. detergents, methylated spirits etc.)
Didn't find what you what you were looking for? Try using our Troubleshooting Tool!