For now, BuildFlow does not have an in-built firmware loader. If you need to upgrade your firmware, we recommend using Xloader.
If your extruder has a RED band near the main connector it is a 24V extruder and you will need the Me2_HV firmware, otherwise use the LV firmware.
1. Download Xloader and unzip the folder. Keep all of the files together in the folder as shown below, or it Xloader will not work. You can create a shortcut of 'Xloader.exe' for easier access.
2. Unplug the USB cable from your BuildFlow server and plug your Me2 printer into your computer.
3. Make sure your printer is powered on and click on 'Xloader.exe' to run the program.
4. Select the firmware file (.hex file) you downloaded for your printer:
5. Select 'Mega(ATMEGA2560) as the device.
6. Lastly, the COM port should have been automatically detected (if not you can change it) and you do not need to change the baud rate (default is 115200).
7. Click upload. It will take a minute or two for the firmware to be uploaded to the printer. Once finished, you will see a message such as the one below:
8. Disconnect the USB cable from your computer and reconnect it to your BuildFlow server.
Firmware flashing functionality will be added to BuildFlow in the near future.
Didn't find what you what you were looking for? Try using our Troubleshooting Tool!