(For BuildFlow versions 0.5+)
Congratulations! You’re the proud new owner of our latest and greatest Print Server! With this awesome piece of technology, you can control your 3D printer over the Internet. BuildFlow is comprised of two products. Firstly, a physical control box called the Print Server. The print server acts as the brains for the 3D printer, allowing it to shake hands with the cloud. The second product is a web app which allows you to run, maintain and manage access to your 3D printers.
Here’s how to get started (you might need an IT staff member involved if your school has an unusual network environment):
To use buildflow.online, you will need to use a compatible operating system and browser. Here is a list of our supported operating systems and browsers:
- Windows 8.1 or above
- MacOS Mountain Lion
- Microsoft Edge version 15 or above (not Internet Explorer)
- Google Chrome version 45 or above
- Safari version 10 or above
- Firefox version 55 or above
You will also need to know your network details, including the network name, password and whether your wireless connection uses 2.4 or 5.0 GHz. If using a wireless connection, consider the strength of the WiFi signal in the room you plan on putting your printer/s.
Creating an account
1. Navigate to https://buildflow.online.
2. Select "Create Account" and enter your email and create a password in the boxes that appear. Your password must be at least 8 characters, and include at least one upper case letter, lower case letter and numeral. Click "Create Account" to finish.
3. A verification link will be sent to your email, this may take a few minutes. When you receive the email, click the verification link to confirm your account. You can now navigate back to https://buildflow.online.
4. Select "Sign In" from the top of the window, enter the details for the account you just created and click "Sign In".
Configuring a printer
Configuring your BuildFlow is a straight forward process that is done by logging into your BuildFlow account, selecting the configure printer option and following the prompts. We recommend reading through our step by step walk-through for configuring your BuildFlow.
Using the print server is fairly intuitive but if you want to learn more about how it works or if you need to troubleshoot anything then check out our support articles for more info. Happy Printing!
Didn't find what you what you were looking for? Try using our Troubleshooting Tool!