You must configure your BuildFlow unit to work with your network before you are able to use it with your printer. You can also use this process when changing networks or connection type (WiFi or Ethernet).
1. Navigate to https://buildflow.online, making sure you are signed in with your BuildFlow account details.
2. Click the "Configure printer" button in the top right corner of the screen. The "Configure Printer" button is the familiar "devices" icon in the center of the top of the screen.
3. You can now select the configuration preset which best suits your network environment. If an applicable preset does not exist please contact [email protected] to request a custom preset.
|Home networks||Use your usual home network WiFi details, preferably WPA2-PSK.|
1) Create a unique user for utility WiFi access and set a long password expiry period
Use a known user’s regular login details (warning: BuildFlow servers will lose connectivity when user changes their password)
2) Use the ‘Enterprise WiFi’ option in the buildflow online config tool.
|Enterprise (provisioned WPA cert)||Currently BuildFlow does not support manual installation of enterprise wifi certificates and keys but we are working to add this option. Please contact [email protected] and we can assist you in configuring your BuildFlow servers.|
|Open Wifi||We strongly recommend you don’t use an open wifi network, however the option is still available in the config tool.|
4. Fill in your network details in the form provided and click the "Generate config file" button.
5. Click the "Download" button to save the conf file to your computer.
6. Move the config file to the base folder of a USB flash drive (not within any other folders). We recommend using a USB drive formatted to FAT32, without any partitions.
7. Ensuring your BuildFlow control box is not connected to power, insert the USB drive into the BuildFlow control box.
8. Re-connect the BuildFlow control box to power. After a few minutes the printer should appear in the BuildFlow web app under the select a printer page. You may need to refresh your browser for it to appear. At this point you may safely remove the USB drive.
Didn't find what you what you were looking for? Try using our Troubleshooting Tool!