If your Me2 printers movement seems restricted or inaccurate in regards to the X and Y axis, then the print bed may have shifted.
Some things that may be observed from a misaligned print bed include:
- The extruder nozzle crashes into the print bed during the auto-levelling stage of a print (too far to the left).
- The extruder missing the bed entirely during auto-levelling (too far to the right).
The following things can cause the print bed to go out of alignment:
- Repeated accidental knocks to the sides of the print bed.
- Loose screws securing the print bed to the Y axis rail.
- Incorrect installation of a new print bed.
Follow the steps below to return the print bed to the correct position:
- the BuildTak sheet to reveal the screws securing the print bed to the Y axis rail and loosen them to a point where you can move the print bed.
- Position the print bed 68mm from the left side of the Y axis (including the red end-cap).
- Whilst holding the print bed in place, start tightening the screws (one side at a time), making sure that the screws are threading into the T-nuts inside the rail.
- Stick the BuildTak sheet back down, whilst making sure there are no creases or air bubbles.