It's unfortunate, but sometimes you may have to restrict a users access to certain features for one reason or another. However, this method may also be used to temporarily restrict access, for example a certain time period.
You are able to set your site up to restrict access to printers or certain printer functions using group rights.
1. Make sure you have both switches turned off in the global rights section as shown below:
2. Select the enterprise tools icon from the top of the screen
2. On the dashboard screen, select the 'groups' icon from the side:
3. From the groups screen, there a few different approaches you can take. See 'Recommended group structures' for more information. You may:
- Create groups for users that you want to grant access to:
- Create a temporary access group with the desired rights applied and disable the group until you want to give those users access:
- Delete the user from ALL groups they are a part of:
For information on restricting access to individual printers, see Restrict access to individual printers.