You may want to restrict a groups access to certain printers for one reason or another. You may also use this method to temporarily grant access to printers, for example a within certain time period.
You are able to set your groups up to restrict or grant access to certain printers using group rights.
1. Make sure you have both switches turned off in the global rights section as shown below:
2. Select the enterprise tools icon from the top of the screen
2. On the dashboard screen, select the 'groups' icon from the side:
3. From the groups screen, select the group you wish to edit.
4. Select edit and scroll down the page to find the tabs 'users' and 'printers':
5. Add any printers that you want your users to access. Delete any printers from the group that you wan't to restrict access to.
6. Add any users that you want to grant access to the set of printers. Delete any users from the group that you don't want to access the printers.
A user will still be able to access a printer if another group grants them that right.
7. Once you're happy with the changes you've made, scroll back to the top of the screen and select 'SAVE'.
For information on restricting access to users, see Restrict user access.